Using Electronic Information Resources in Education
Koordinátor sekce: Milan Špála, Charles University in Prague - 1st Medical Faculty, Czech Republic
Čas a místo: May 25, 2:00 PM - 5:15 PM, Auditorium D
The New Generation of CABI Compendia
- Krassimira Anguelova, CABI, United Kingdom
- Materiály ke stažení
CABI's critically-acclaimed compendia products bring a vast selection of information into one place. They combine indexed information of all scientific research, detailed datasheets, images, diagnostic tools and much more. This unique product of CABI is a time-saving, encyclopedic, mixed-media tool that draws together scientific information on all aspects of crop protection, animal health and production, aquaculture, forestry and invasive spicies.
The Compendia Programme is an initiative of over 40 partners in a global Development Consortium, which includes technical institutions, development-assistance agencies and private-sector companies.
CABI Compendia are used by extension officers, lecturers and students, researchers, policy makers, practitioners (both public and private sector), industry, etc. specialists. It is currently one of the best and most exciting and useful resources for all the above user groups in the specified topics and constantly improving in quality and content.
All 5 existing CABI Compendia move currently to a new enhanced platform, which offers our customers extensive and unique features as:
- New powerful Lucene search engine applied across the sites
- Ranking of information returned
- Inclusion of Full Text data from CABI’s repositories
- More images
- Inclusion of weekly abstract information from peer-reviewed international scientific literature
- Links to other trusted internet material that is also constantly updated – CABI as a provider of some information and as a broker for others
- A simple, step-by-step diagnostic tool to aid in the identification of diseases and pests
- More statistical, demographic and economic data
- Browse facility introduced
- Layout and tabs redesigned to improve discoverability
- Easier to get into content of datasheets
- CAB Abstracts data fully integrated with a single search engine
- Introduction of training aids and videos, etc.
These and much more new tools, services and features will be presented in the report.
- Profesní informace o autorovi
Mrs. Krassimira Anguelova, PhD is a CABI’s Regional Manager for Eastern Europe, CIS and Middle East since November’2007. In her previous professional career she was a university professor at Sofia University in Bulgaria for 10 years. She was also a lecturer at City University of Seattle from 2004 to 2007. Mrs. Anguelova was teaching Academic Librarianship, Information Management, Project Management, E-Marketing and E-Business in Bulgarian, English and German.
She was teaching as a guest lecturer at various universities in Warsaw, Hannover University, Parma, and Vilnius. She has also an 8 years long experience as an information specialist at the Central Medical University in Sofia. From 2000 until now Mrs Anguelova is a member of the Board of the Bulgarian Library Association ULISO and since 2000 she is in the Board of the Bulgarian Association of University Women. Mrs. Krassimira Anguelova speaks German, English, Russian, Serbo-Croatian and Bulgarian.